Plea for photographs of Ragged School
HAVE you got any old photographs of the former Ragged School in Ipswich?Ipswich woman Sandra O'Brien, is today appealing for old snapshots of her father at the school.
HAVE you got any old photographs of the former Ragged School in Ipswich?
Ipswich woman Sandra O'Brien, is today appealing for old snapshots of her father at the school.
The 55-year-old got in touch with The Evening Star after reading that the historic building was being turned into flats.
Her father Silas Godfrey, born in 1913, had attended the Ragged School for boys in the 1920's at the town's Waterworks Street.
Mrs O'Brien, of Bennett Road, said: "Years ago my father told me he went to the school and until then I didn't know where it was. I would be interested to know if anyone knew him or have any photographs of him."
Mr Godfrey lived in White Elm Street, Ipswich, before moving to Adelphi Place in Lower Brook Street. He died in 1995.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 5 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 6 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 7 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 8 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 9 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
If you have any photographs of him at the school, contact Amanda Cresswell on 01473-282369.