Plea for safe return of missing competition prize
IPSWICH: Disappointed restaurant staff today issued a desperate plea for a sweet-toothed customer to return a giant chocolate bunny rabbit after it went missing from an Easter display.
Warren, the two foot tall chocolate bunny, was due to be given away as a prize to the winner of a colouring competition held at Old Orleans in Cardinal Park.
But staff were shocked to discover the �50 treat had been removed from amid dozens of competition entries at the entrance to the restaurant, at around 3.20pm on Easter Sunday.
Their astonishment doubled when they looked back at CCTV footage which revealed a toddler, barely as tall as the bunny, dragging it on to the street outside.
Now the general manager of Old Orleans, Kevin Rayner, is appealing for Warren to be returned safe and in one piece.
He said: “We are really disappointed that Warren has gone missing.
“He was the prize for the best entry in our Easter weekend children’s colouring competition.
- 1 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 2 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 3 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 6 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Why has my car been covered in dust?
“There will be hundreds of children around Ipswich this weekend waiting with baited breath to see if their entry has won Warren the Easter bunny.
“We’re appealing for him to be returned.”
Anyone who knows of Warren’s whereabouts is urged to call Old Orleans on 01473 215581.
n Have you been a victim of crime? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org