Plus-size fashion brand Yours is to open in Ipswich’s new-look Sailmakers Shopping Centre
- Credit: Archant
The retail offering in Ipswich town centre has been given another boost as shopping centre bosses secure a new arrival.
Plus-size fashion brand Yours is to open in the new-look and will bring up to 10 new jobs to the town.
The announcement comes hot on the heels of the news that sandwich giant Subway is currently having a unit refitted there and management at the centre expect to be able to announce further new openings soon.
Yours, which began in nearby Felixstowe in 1994, will be the latest major new arrival in recent months following on from bb’s coffee and muffins, Pandora and Blue Inc.
Sailmakers centre manager Mike Sorhaindo said: “This is another major boost for the centre and for the local economy in Ipswich with more new jobs created here at Sailmakers.
“Yours is a popular and successful brand which will further increase the retail offer at the centre and add to the shopping experience for our customers.
“We’re already seeing positive feedback about the arrival of Yours and we expect to be able to announce further new arrivals in the near future.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 7 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
“There is considerable interest in places at the centre from prospective tenants and that is a testimony to the £4 million investment made in the shopping centre which is already reaping a reward in terms of jobs and in revitalising the town centre.”
Yours Clothing boss Andrew Killingsworth began with a market stall in Leighton Buzzard in Bedfordshire before opening his first shop in Felixstowe but now his Peterborough-based company is estimated to be worth more than £50 million.
The new store will be the first in Ipswich and a spokesperson said: “Our store staff have a great understanding of plus size fashion and will give customers the best style advice.”