PO raid gunman met his match in Ellen
GUN-toting Dean Tibble met his match in the shape of battling granny Ellen Brooks.The would-be robber – who is today beginning a five-year jail term for armed robbery and other offences – turned tail and fled from Ipswich's Fore Street post office in the face of the feisty postmistress's counter-offensive.
GUN-toting Dean Tibble met his match in the shape of battling granny Ellen Brooks.
The would-be robber – who is today beginning a five-year jail term for armed robbery and other offences – turned tail and fled from Ipswich's Fore Street post office in the face of the feisty postmistress's counter-offensive.
Mrs Brooks, 74, revealed she simply had to stamp her authority on the situation to beat back the beret-wearing junkie robber.
She said: "All the regulars round here have been saying how stupid he was to try and hold up Grandma Brooks.
You may also want to watch:
"He came running in here shouting 'Give me the money,' but I just said 'No.' He didn't know what to do.
"He just kept on shouting 'It's not a joke'. He said his gun would fire through the glass, so I told him to go ahead.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 CCTV issued after man 'spits' at women in central Ipswich
- 3 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 4 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 5 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 6 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 7 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 8 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
"I knew he wasn't man enough to use it. I wasn't frightened at all – you don't mess with Grandma."
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR