Poirot gets on the case in Suffolk
SINCE bursting on to our television screens nearly two decades ago, Poirot has become entrenched as one of the nation's favourite small-screen shows.Over the years, the loveable Belgian detective has got to the bottom of notorious crimes, never failing to sniff out the killers.
SINCE bursting on to our television screens nearly two decades ago, Poirot has become entrenched as one of the nation's favourite small-screen shows.
Over the years, the loveable Belgian detective has got to the bottom of notorious crimes, never failing to sniff out the killers.
And soon, Poirot - played by David Suchet - will be solving wrong-doings at Elveden Hall in Suffolk when television crews film the latest instalment of the detective series.
Although cast members and final details of the film are yet to be confirmed, ITV has confirmed that the hall and estate are to be the backdrop for Cat Among the Pigeons.
ITV spokesman Luke Morrison said: “A couple of days filming will be carried out at Elveden, although for security reasons I am unable to say when that is happening.
“We have not announced any of the other cast members, although that is expected to take place in due course.”
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
The Suffolk stately home is no stranger to taking centre stage on film. In 1999, it's famous pink marble hall was used to film scenes between then husband and wife Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman for Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut.