Temporary traffic lights in village after car collides with telegraph pole and house
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services have left the scene of last night’s crash in Tattingstone, where a car struck a telegraph pole and a house.
Officers were called at around 7.50pm on Monday, August 12, to reports of a crash on the A137, The Heath, involving a black BMW car.
Four fire crews - two from Ipswich East, one from Ipswich Princes Street and one from Felixstowe - were also sent to the scene to help get the driver out of his vehicle.
A stretch of the A137 was closed to traffic while emergency services worked at the scene.
One lane of the road remained closed on Tuesday morning, with temporary traffic lights controlling traffic passing the house.
You may also want to watch:
On scene, station commander Carolyn Crabb said: "A vehicle has lost control and has taken out a telegraph pole.
"It has also impacted the house.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 3 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 6 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 7 A12 closed near Ipswich following serious collision
- 8 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 9 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 10 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
"The neighbours were alerted after hearing a very loud bang
"The driver has been taken away by the ambulance service. "He was breathing and conscious.
"During the incident itself, our main job was to get him out of the vehicle.
"We are now waiting for building control to get some idea on the stability of the structure."
She added that the people living in the house were not injured.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed the driver's injuries were serious but were not life-threatening or life-changing.