Fears person trapped in flat fire close to Ipswich station
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackling a blaze at a flat in Ipswich called in extra resources following reports a person was still trapped inside the building.
The fire broke out in a flat in Burrell Road, close to Ipswich railway station, on Friday night.
Two fire crews were initially called to the scene at 9.32pm.
A third crew was called in after it was thought a person was still inside the building.
As all occupants were accounted for, firefighters went about dealing with the blaze, which was fully extinguished by 10.20pm.
Police were also called to the scene to control traffic outside the flat.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 9 Further snow possible this weekend as weather warning issued
- 10 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents