Teen reportedly knocked from bike by driver and left on street
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was reportedly knocked from his bike deliberately by a driver in Ipswich - who then sped away from the scene.
A 16 year-old boy riding his bicycle towards the town centre on Handford Road, near to Mariner House, was involved in a collision with a grey car.
Police have received reports stating that the boy was deliberately knocked off his bicycle and the car involved failed to stop at the scene.
The victim injured his knee and thigh as a result of the incident and required medical treatment following the collision.
The incident took place after dark on Sunday 23 September, around 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
Another vehicle, which Suffolk Constabulary believe could be purple Ford Galaxy, stopped to assist the cyclist.
Witnesses, including the driver of the purple car/Ford Galaxy are asked to call Police on 101 quoting reference 37/54953/18 as they may have information that could assist the investigation.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood