Man with ‘pair of tights on head’ robs Londis store at knifepoint
- Credit: Archant
A man armed with a knife - with a pair of tights over his head - has robbed a Londis convenience store in a Suffolk town.
Police were called at around 5.45pm today, Sunday, March 10, to reports that a man had walked into the store, in Gloucester Road, Haverhill, with a ‘small knife’, making off with a quantity of cash from the till.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, the suspect then fled the scene.
He said: “It is early days but an investigation has commenced.
“Thankfully, nobody has been injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“The suspect was a white male, between 20 and 30 years old and had facial hair.
“He was wearing a baseball cap, black tracksuit bottoms and white trainers.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 6 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
“He had a pair of tights over his head when the robbery took place.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to get in touch.
If you know anything that could assist police in their investigation, call 101.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org