Teenager robbed and threatened with knife in Ipswich’s Princes Street
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a teenager was allegedly threatened with a knife and robbed in the centre of Ipswich.
Officers were called to reports a man had stolen a 15-year-old boy’s bike in Princes Street yesterday evening.
The incident, which police believe involved the boy being stopped and shouted at by an unknown man who later pulled out a knife, is believed to have happened between 7.45pm and 8pm.
A police spokesman said: “We were called yesterday, Sunday February 4, following reports of a robbery in Ipswich.
“Between the hours of 7.45pm and 8pm, a 15-year-old boy, who was cycling in Princes Street, Ipswich, was approached and shouted at to stop by an unknown man.
“The man is then alleged to have pulled out a knife before threatening the boy if he didn’t give him his bike, while they were outside Zak’s car wash, in the same street.
They added: “The boy dropped the bike to the floor and the man is said to have picked it up and cycled in the direction of Ipswich railway station.
- 1 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 4 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
- 5 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 6 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 7 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 8 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 9 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 10 Ipswich families unable to heat mouldy homes get action from landlord
“Officers would be keen to speak to anyone who witnessed the incident or may have seen a bright orange, Carrera men’s mountain bike in and around the times stated.
Anyone with any information about the incident should contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting reference 6815/18.