Police appeal for witnesses after thieves take power tools from vehicles in Claydon
- Credit: Archant
All three incidents took place earlier this week.
Suffolk Constabulary are appealing for witnesses after the theft of tools from vehicles in Claydon.
The first incident took place on Ipswich Road on January 22 at around 9.25pm. The rear window of an Isuzu D-Max pick up truck was smashed and a power drill was stolen.
A second incident on Ipswich Road took place at some point between 7pm on January 22 and 6.15am on January 23 when a number of power tools were taken from a Ford Transit van.
A third incident took place between 5.30pm on January 22 and 5.50 am on January 23 on Lincoln Gardens.
Offenders are said to have forced entry to a Nissan Navara pick-up truck and then stole a chainsaw, a drill set and other tools.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have noticed any unusual activity in the area or any suspicious vehicles.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 8 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
Police are urging motorists to lock their cars and to remove all valuables, wherever the vehicle is parked.
Those with any information are asked to contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference 4252/18 and 4308/18 for the Ipswich Road incidents and 4260/18 for the Lincoln Gardens theft.
Police are also asking anyone that is offered tools in suspicious circumstances to not buy them and to let police know immediately via 101 or Crimsetstoppers on 0800 555 111.