Police appeal over missing seaside guest
POLICE are appealing for help to trace a man who left a guesthouse in Felixstowe two weeks ago and did not return to collect his possessions.The man, who signed in only as 'Daniel', left the premises around 4pm on Wednesday December 30 and has not been seen at the guesthouse since.
POLICE are appealing for help to trace a man who left a guesthouse in Felixstowe two weeks ago and did not return to collect his possessions.
The man, who signed in only as 'Daniel', left the premises around 4pm on Wednesday December 30 and has not been seen at the guesthouse since. He left a rucksack containing clothing.
He checked in on December 15 and said he would be staying until New Year, paying cash for the accommodation.
After he failed to return, the guesthouse owner alerted police and said he was concerned for the man's well-being.
“Officers have been carrying out enquiries to try to find out who he is and whether he is OK but have so far drawn a blank,” said a police spokeswoman.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 4 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 5 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 6 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 7 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
“In a bid to see if he can be traced officers are asking him to come forward and are asking anyone who may have information that can help locate him to call the duty sergeant at Felixstowe police station on 01473 613500.”
Daniel did not give any other personal details - no home address, phone number or surname - and there was nothing to identify him in the rucksack.
He is thought to be in his late teens to early 20s and is described as white, around 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build, with straight ginger coloured hair and a thick ginger beard.
He wore jeans, a blue and white quilted-style lumberjack shirt and a blue baseball cap.