Police bail suspected East Bergholt drug-driver arrested after Ipswich crash
A suspected drug and dangerous driver arrested after a police chase on the A12 and A14 near Ipswich has been released on bail.
No one was injured when the car he was driving collided with a fence near Kwik Fit in Nacton Road, Ipswich yesterday.
The 24-year-old motorist, who is from East Bergholt, was arrested on suspicion of drug-driving, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police following a 40-minute pursuit.
Tim Cracknell, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary, said the suspect has now been released on bail until May 3.
The incident began at around 8.45am when police were called to reports of a man acting aggressively at an address in East Bergholt.
You may also want to watch:
Urgent assistance was requested. A few minutes later another 999 call was made to the force saying the man had driven off.
His car was followed by police units, including the force’s helicopter, and left the A14 at Nacton.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
However, near Ravenswood roundabout it rolled into a fence colliding with a sign.
The man driving the car was detained by officers around 9.25am.