Police bail suspected East Bergholt drug-driver arrested after Ipswich crash
A suspected drug and dangerous driver arrested after a police chase on the A12 and A14 near Ipswich has been released on bail.
No one was injured when the car he was driving collided with a fence near Kwik Fit in Nacton Road, Ipswich yesterday.
The 24-year-old motorist, who is from East Bergholt, was arrested on suspicion of drug-driving, dangerous driving and failing to stop for police following a 40-minute pursuit.
Tim Cracknell, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary, said the suspect has now been released on bail until May 3.
The incident began at around 8.45am when police were called to reports of a man acting aggressively at an address in East Bergholt.
Urgent assistance was requested. A few minutes later another 999 call was made to the force saying the man had driven off.
His car was followed by police units, including the force’s helicopter, and left the A14 at Nacton.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 6 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 7 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 8 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Cyclist injured after colliding with car in busy Ipswich road
However, near Ravenswood roundabout it rolled into a fence colliding with a sign.
The man driving the car was detained by officers around 9.25am.