Police call for information after body of older man discovered in water near Blackfriars in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
The body of an older man has been recovered from the River Stour in Sudbury.
The death is not thought to be suspicious but police are appealing for information from the public.
Suffolk Constabulary was called at 1pm today to reports of a body in the water near Blackfriars.
A police spokeswoman said: “Officers attended and alerted the fire service to assist with recovering the body.
“A cordon has been put in place while initial enquiries get underway at the scene.
“The body is believed to be that of an older man and his next of kin have been informed.
“At this early stage there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances to his death, but police are asking anyone who may have saw anything in the vicinity today to call Suffolk police on 101 quoting cad 215 of today.
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 3 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 4 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 5 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 6 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 8 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 9 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 10 Fuel spillage causes delays on busy Ipswich road after truck breaks down
“A walking stick was found on a bridge in the area and police would particularly like to speak to anyone who may have seen a man walking with a stick in the area today.”