Police call for information after body of older man discovered in water near Blackfriars in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
The body of an older man has been recovered from the River Stour in Sudbury.
The death is not thought to be suspicious but police are appealing for information from the public.
Suffolk Constabulary was called at 1pm today to reports of a body in the water near Blackfriars.
A police spokeswoman said: “Officers attended and alerted the fire service to assist with recovering the body.
“A cordon has been put in place while initial enquiries get underway at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
“The body is believed to be that of an older man and his next of kin have been informed.
“At this early stage there are not thought to be any suspicious circumstances to his death, but police are asking anyone who may have saw anything in the vicinity today to call Suffolk police on 101 quoting cad 215 of today.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 8 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 9 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 10 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
“A walking stick was found on a bridge in the area and police would particularly like to speak to anyone who may have seen a man walking with a stick in the area today.”