Three cats poisoned by anti-freeze in Great Blakenham

The incident occurred on Stowmarket Road in Great Blakenham Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

The incident occurred on Stowmarket Road in Great Blakenham Picture: GOOGLE MAPS - Credit: Archant

Two Portuguese Siamese cats and a ginger Tabby have died after a suspected poisoning, and police are appealing for witnesses.

The cats are believed to have ingested anti-freeze at a property in Stowmarket Road.

It is thought the poisoning happened at some point since Thursday, November 22 and all three cats had to be put down after falling ill.

Anti-freeze is used to increase the freezing point of a liquid.

Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour in the area prior to the incident or has knowledge of the incident should contact Hadleigh police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/68649/18.


You may also want to watch:


Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus