Police call off search for body in marina
POLICE have called off a search for a body in Fox’s Marina in Wherstead.The hunt ended at about 4pm today after a specialist underwater search team and Thames Coastguard spent much of yesterday and today looking for a body.
POLICE have called off their search for a body in Fox's Marina in Wherstead.
The hunt ended at about 4pm today after a specialist underwater search team and Thames Coastguard spent much of yesterday and today looking for a body there.
A friend of the harbour master reported seeing a body in the water but none was found.
Inspector Chris Downs said: “Specialist search teams have completed the search.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been fully searched and no body has been found. There are no plans for any further search at this time.”
The search was launched yesterday after police were called at 8.50am. It was called off late in the afternoon and resumed at 10.30am today.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront