Teenager charged after stabbing in Ipswich’s Cemetery Road
A teenager was rushed to hospital on Monday night after being stabbed in Ipswich.
The 17-year-old suffered a one inch knife wound in his back during the attack in Cemetery Road around 7.55pm on Monday night.
The teenager was taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment and was discharged the same night.
The victim was initially reported as being in his 20s, but police later confirmed he is 17.
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm as well as being charged with possession of bladed article and assault by beating.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court today, Thursday 12 April.
- 1 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 4 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 6 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag