Police car hits wall
AN INVESTIGATION is underway today to find out how a police car ended up smashed into a wall.Revellers in Felixstowe watched on in amazement as a CCTV police car was involved in an accident on Bent Hill in the early hours of Sunday morning.
AN INVESTIGATION is underway today to find out how a police car ended up smashed into a wall.
Revellers in Felixstowe watched on in amazement as a CCTV police car was involved in an accident on Bent Hill in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Onlookers said the car was parked near the Bandbox night club and rolled down part of the hill with a member of the public on the backseat before it crashed.
One onlooker, who wants to remain anonymous, said: “There was a big commotion because watching a police car roll down a steep hill and crash isn't something you see every day.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a guy in the back seat. I don't know if he was injured as the police just took him from the vehicle and put him in a police van
“It could have been even more dangerous as people walk up that hill all the time and could have been hit.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
“People were gathering round and taking pictures on their mobile phones and the police spent some time sorting the crowd out.”
A police spokesman said: “We can confirm a person was arrested and there was an incident which followed involving the police vehicle. It's being investigated at the moment.”
Were you the man in the car? Call the Evening Star news team on 01473 324788.