Police chase from Hadleigh Road to Belstead Road in Ipswich leads to two arrests
- Credit: citizenside.com
Two men have been arrested following a police pursuit by an armed response unit in Ipswich yesterday evening.
At around 4.30pm on Thursday May 25, officers requested a vehicle to stop near the Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate.
The car, a blue Volkswagen, refused to stop which led to a police chase which ended at Belstead Road.
From there, the occupants fled the vehicle on foot.
According to a witness, seven police cars and armed officers were spotted in the Maidenhall Approach area of Ipswich.
Officers were also seen searching the area around Station Street and Heatherhayes.
A 26-year-old man from Colchester was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and taking a motor vehicle without consent.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 10 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
A 28-year-old man from Liverpool was also arrested on suspicion of failing to stop and theft of a motor vehicle.
Both men were released under investigation pending further enquiries after being interviewed at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.