Stinger strip used to stop car after pursuit around Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been arrested after police used a stinger strip on a stolen car that refused to stop.
Officers from Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team pursued the vehicle through Ipswich and surrounding areas before using the tactic to force the car to stop.
The front right tyre of the car was punctured by the stinger and the driver was forced to pull over.
A dog unit were then used to catch the occupants and two people were arrested.
The dog that helped detain the two occupants is called Daley.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle, a light blue Honda Jazz, was recovered from the scene by officers.
They later tweeted: “Following a pursuit with this stolen vehicle around #Ipswich and the surrounding areas it was stung by @NSRAPT. Daley from @NSPoliceDogs has helped detain two of the occupants of the car. Car recovery. Two #arrested.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?