Police given more time to quiz suspected abductor after Kesgrave teenager Kennedy Palmer went missing
Detectives have been granted more time to question a man who is suspected of abducting a teenage girl from Suffolk.
An investigation was launched after Kennedy Palmer, 15, left home at 8am on Thursday but failed to arrive at Kesgrave High School.
Yesterday police confirmed Kennedy, from Kesgrave, had been found by officers in north Essex and a 31-year-old man from the Clacton-on-Sea area had been arrested on suspicion of child abduction.
Tonight a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the man was still in custody and detectives had been given an extension from the superintendent to quiz him further.
After Kennedy’s disappearance, her mother Nicola Palmer issued a statement through police and posted an appeal on Facebook in a bid to find her daughter.
You may also want to watch:
Over the weekend, Mrs Palmer printed out hundreds of flyers and handed them out in Kesgrave, Ipswich and at Foxhall Stadium during an evening banger racing event, a place the teenager and her friends were known to hang out.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths