Police hunt after man is attacked
IPSWICH Police are appealing for information after an assault in the Alexandra Park area .A 23-year-old man had walked from town through Alexandra Park at around 5.
IPSWICH Police are appealing for information after an assault in the Alexandra Park area .
A 23-year-old man had walked from town through Alexandra Park at around 5.50pm on Thursday, April 18.
One of the group approached the man and asked him for a cigarette, he explained that he didn't have any and walked off along Grove Lane.
This member of the group then called out to two females who were walking close to the man, one of the girls punched the victim in the back and was joined by the first youth who continued to assault him by punching him around the head.
You may also want to watch:
Both offenders ran off down Grove Lane and into Finbars Walk.
Nothing was taken from the victim during the assault; he later received treatment for minor head injures at Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
The attackers are described as:
A black male, around 5ft 9in, 18-19 years old, he wore a baseball cap and grey long sleeved top.
A white female, 14-15 years old of slim build with messy hair which was tied up.
The area would have been fairly busy at the stated time with traffic going by. It is also believed there were pedestrians in the area.
Police would like to hear from anyone who witnessed this incident or who recognises the offenders from the description. Calls should be made to PC Tony Fisher at Ipswich Police on 01473 613500 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.