Police hunt after women assaulted
TWO women have been indecently assaulted as they walked along Ipswich streets.An 18-year-old woman was chased and then indecently assaulted as she walked along Gippeswyk Road, Ipswich in the early hours of Saturday morning.
TWO women have been indecently assaulted as they walked along Ipswich streets.
An 18-year-old woman was chased and then indecently assaulted as she walked along Gippeswyk Road, Ipswich in the early hours of Saturday morning.
And on Monday a 16-year-old was attacked as she walked along Spring Road at 10.45pm.
In Saturday's incident, the woman said she noticed a man following her and ran to get away from him.
But the black man who was around 5ft 9in and aged around 20 years old, caught up with her and attempted to kiss her.
He was wearing dark blue jeans and a black shirt and had short hair and big ears.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
On Monday, 16-year-old said she was indecently assaulted by a white man who approached her from behind.
She said that the offender, who was white and in his early 20's, also indecently exposed himself to her.
He was wearing a woolly hat, hooded top and dark jeans.
Earlier in the evening two children were grabbed on the shoulder by a man in Christchurch Street, Ipswich.
The ten-year-old boy and 11-year-old girl said they were approached by the man between 8.30 and 8.40pm but the boy managed to kick the offender who then ran off.
The man, who is of mixed race, is described as 5ft 7in, of medium build with shoulder length dyed white hair and a beard. He wore dark trousers and a blue or black jacket.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police warned people to be vigilant when out and about but said that incidents like this were rare.
She said: "We would like to reassure people that incidents like this are rare.
"However, while people are out and about they should always remain vigilant and consider their safety.
"It would be advisable not to walk alone and choose well lit areas, preferably where there are people nearby and seek help as soon as possible if you have concerns."
Anyone with any information on the incidents should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
For further safety advice call the Crime Reduction Office at Ipswich police on 01473 383141.