Police hunt after women assaulted
TWO women have been indecently assaulted as they walked along Ipswich streets.An 18-year-old woman was chased and then indecently assaulted as she walked along Gippeswyk Road, Ipswich in the early hours of Saturday morning.
TWO women have been indecently assaulted as they walked along Ipswich streets.
An 18-year-old woman was chased and then indecently assaulted as she walked along Gippeswyk Road, Ipswich in the early hours of Saturday morning.
And on Monday a 16-year-old was attacked as she walked along Spring Road at 10.45pm.
In Saturday's incident, the woman said she noticed a man following her and ran to get away from him.
You may also want to watch:
But the black man who was around 5ft 9in and aged around 20 years old, caught up with her and attempted to kiss her.
He was wearing dark blue jeans and a black shirt and had short hair and big ears.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
On Monday, 16-year-old said she was indecently assaulted by a white man who approached her from behind.
She said that the offender, who was white and in his early 20's, also indecently exposed himself to her.
He was wearing a woolly hat, hooded top and dark jeans.
Earlier in the evening two children were grabbed on the shoulder by a man in Christchurch Street, Ipswich.
The ten-year-old boy and 11-year-old girl said they were approached by the man between 8.30 and 8.40pm but the boy managed to kick the offender who then ran off.
The man, who is of mixed race, is described as 5ft 7in, of medium build with shoulder length dyed white hair and a beard. He wore dark trousers and a blue or black jacket.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police warned people to be vigilant when out and about but said that incidents like this were rare.
She said: "We would like to reassure people that incidents like this are rare.
"However, while people are out and about they should always remain vigilant and consider their safety.
"It would be advisable not to walk alone and choose well lit areas, preferably where there are people nearby and seek help as soon as possible if you have concerns."
Anyone with any information on the incidents should call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
For further safety advice call the Crime Reduction Office at Ipswich police on 01473 383141.