Police hunt cat torturers
POLICE are today hunting barbaric thugs who tortured a cat by pulling out all its claws.Cat owners in Bramford are now being told to be extra vigilant following the horrific attack and are being urged to contact the police with any information.
POLICE are today hunting barbaric thugs who tortured a cat by pulling out all its claws.
Cat owners in Bramford are now being told to be extra vigilant following the horrific attack and are being urged to contact the police with any information.
Residents in the area reported hearing loud screams at around 4pm last Tuesday when the attack took place.
The owner of the cat, who does not wish to be named for fear of reprise attacks, said she could not understand why anyone would torture a defenceless animal.
She said: “He shot in through his cat flap like he had had a real scare and went very quiet.
“When I examined him I thought he had been clipped by a car but he didn't have any visible damage until I looked at his feet.
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
“A friend of mine looked at him and said this has not been done by a car it has been done by people.
“I was horrified, angry and distressed that such a loving placid animal should be treated in such a manner.”
Police are investigating the incident and have said the culprits face animal cruelty charges.
Pc James Dale said: “This is like pulling a human's nails off if you compare it in like terms.
”It is a callous act to pick on a defenceless animal in such a way as this.
“I can't believe that anyone would do that to a cat, I haven't seen anything like it before.
“They have literally pulled out every claw.”
Pc Dale said he was keen to raise awareness in the area that such an attack had taken place and appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Dale on 01473 613500.