Police hunt for Felixstowe attacker
POLICE are hunting a man who attacked and sexually assaulted a young woman in Felixstowe.The 20-year-old woman was walking home along Runnacles Way between 3am and 4am when she felt a push on her shoulder and was knocked to the ground.
POLICE are hunting a man who attacked and sexually assaulted a young woman in Felixstowe.
The 20-year-old woman was walking home along Runnacles Way between 3am and 4am when she felt a push on her shoulder and was knocked to the ground.
She ended up sitting on the ground with the attacker over her and then was pushed back.
The man then placed his hand inside the top of her jeans but the woman fought back, hitting him on his head and arm. The man then made off towards Kiln Field.
She got up and carried on her way before contacting a member of her family about the incident. The assault was later reported to police.
Detectives believe it is likely the suspect - described as white, around 5ft 8ins tall, of slim build, in his late teens to 20s, and wearing a dark coloured hooded top - would have sustained reddening or bruising to his face in the incident.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 8 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
Officers are asking people if they know someone who meets the description, or who was out at this time and had marks to his face on Sunday December 31.
They also need to trace anyone else who was in the area at the time and may have seen the incident or the offender.
People with information should call Felixstowe CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if preferred, on 0800 555 111.