Police hunt for three hit-and-run men
SUFFOLK police are appealing to witnesses following a road traffic collision in Capel St Mary involving three vehicles.The incident happened at 12.15pm on Thursday on the A12 close to Capel St Mary.
SUFFOLK police are appealing to witnesses following a road traffic collision in Capel St Mary involving three vehicles.
The incident happened at 12.15pm on Thursday on the A12 close to Capel St Mary.
A dark coloured Renault Laguna, which was believed to be stolen, collided with a car and a lorry. Three men ran from the vehicle.
A driver of a Nissan Patrol vehicle followed the men, two of whom ran towards Bentley and stole a red, F registration Metro from Bentley Autos.
The Nissan driver tried to block the vehicle, but the Metro made off towards the Colchester direction.
The two men were both white and one wore a fawn jumper.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
The third male, described as white, in his 30's and wearing a dark blue shirt and dark trousers, was carrying a jacket as he ran into Bentley long wood.
A can driver informed police that he picked up a hitch hiker fitting this description at around 1pm in Bentley and gave him a lift to Benton Street, Hadleigh.
Police units and the police helicopter searched the area to locate the offenders to no avail.
Suffolk Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed this incident, especially the driver of the Nissan Patrol who maybe able to provide police with a more detailed description of the offenders. Calls should be made to the Duty Sergeant at Capel Police station on 01473 383259 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555111.