Police hunt library burglars
POLICE are today hunting burglars who stole from an Ipswich library.The criminals broke their way into Chantry Library in Hawthorn Drive, Chantry, stealing Playstation games and causing damage to the community library.
POLICE are today hunting burglars who stole from an Ipswich library.
The criminals broke their way into Chantry Library in Hawthorn Drive, Chantry, stealing Playstation games and causing damage to the community library.
Today Roger McMaster, head of service development for libraries at Suffolk County Council, said it was depressing that the thieves had broken in to games which they could simply have borrowed.
He added: “Five computer games are missing but we don't think anything else was taken.
“We are having work done at the moment to refurbish the library and set up a children's centre, and it looks like they broke in through the building work compound.
“It is very sad that people are breaking into libraries to steal things they could borrow.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 6 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
“They didn't do too much damage but a lot of people are upset.”
The burglary happened between 5pm on Saturday and 7.30am on Sunday.
Anyone with information about the theft should call Pc Rachael Partridge at the south west Ipswich safer neighbourhood team on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Have you been a victim of burglary? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.