Police inquiry after sudden death of boy in Felixstowe area
Police are investigating the sudden death of 12-year-old boy from the Felixstowe area.
The youngster died in Ipswich Hospital following paramedics being despatched to his home after a 999 call.
The details surrounding the tragedy have not been made public, although an inquest is expected to be opened.
The boy died on February 13.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said an emergency call was made shortly after 11.35am.
A rapid response paramedic arrived at the address three minutes later, followed at 11.40am by an ambulance crew.
The boy was treated at the scene for around 45 minutes in an effort to save his life.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
Suffolk Police were also informed of the incident.
The ambulance service spokesman said two rapid response vehicles were sent to the property, along with ambulance crew, an ambulance officer, and the East Anglian air ambulance.
At 12.24pm the boy was taken by land ambulance to Ipswich Hospital, where he arrived at 12.30pm.
At the time he was said to be in a critical condition.
However, after arriving at the Heath Road hospital he subsequently died.
Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “Police were called to an address in the Felixstowe area around midday on Saturday, February 13, to reports that ambulance service personnel were working to resuscitate a 12-year-old boy.
“He was taken to Ipswich Hospital, but he died a short time later.
“Police enquiries are ongoing into the circumstances around his death.”
A full inquest is expected to be carried out at a later date.