Police inquiry after sudden death of boy in Felixstowe area
Police are investigating the sudden death of 12-year-old boy from the Felixstowe area.
The youngster died in Ipswich Hospital following paramedics being despatched to his home after a 999 call.
The details surrounding the tragedy have not been made public, although an inquest is expected to be opened.
The boy died on February 13.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust said an emergency call was made shortly after 11.35am.
You may also want to watch:
A rapid response paramedic arrived at the address three minutes later, followed at 11.40am by an ambulance crew.
The boy was treated at the scene for around 45 minutes in an effort to save his life.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
Suffolk Police were also informed of the incident.
The ambulance service spokesman said two rapid response vehicles were sent to the property, along with ambulance crew, an ambulance officer, and the East Anglian air ambulance.
At 12.24pm the boy was taken by land ambulance to Ipswich Hospital, where he arrived at 12.30pm.
At the time he was said to be in a critical condition.
However, after arriving at the Heath Road hospital he subsequently died.
Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “Police were called to an address in the Felixstowe area around midday on Saturday, February 13, to reports that ambulance service personnel were working to resuscitate a 12-year-old boy.
“He was taken to Ipswich Hospital, but he died a short time later.
“Police enquiries are ongoing into the circumstances around his death.”
A full inquest is expected to be carried out at a later date.