Police investigate after teen stabbing
A POLICE investigation is underway today after another teenager was stabbed to death in London.The 17-year-old, who has not been named, was found in Chesterford Road, Newham, east London, shortly before midnight yesterday.
A POLICE investigation is underway today after another teenager was stabbed to death in London.
The 17-year-old, who has not been named, was found in Chesterford Road, Newham, east London, shortly before midnight yesterday.
Scotland Yard said two 16-year-old boys have been arrested in connection with the death, which is not believed to be gang-related.
Officers were called to Chesterford Road at about 11.40pm yesterday by paramedics responding to reports of a stabbing.
A police spokesman said officers are still trying to trace the family of the victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene.
The death is the latest in a grim toll of young people murdered with knives and guns in the capital.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 7 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 8 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 9 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 10 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
Other victims include Ben Hitchcock, 16, killed by a single stab wound after a street fight in Beckenham, and student Sian Simpson, 18, stabbed to death in Croydon.
An incident room has opened at Barking under Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Wratten, of the homicide and serious crime command.
A post mortem examination is expected to take place tomorrow.