Police investigate attack on teenager
POLICE are today investigating what could be a sexually motivated attack on a teenager in Kesgrave.The 17-year-old boy was walking in Pilboroughs Walk near to Oak Meadow at midnight on Monday when a man threatened him and dragged him through a hedge.
POLICE are today investigating what could be a sexually motivated attack on a teenager in Kesgrave.
The 17-year-old boy was walking in Pilboroughs Walk near to Oak Meadow at midnight on Monday when a man threatened him and dragged him through a hedge.
The teenager was not injured and managed to escape his attacker and run home.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police today said police were investigating all lines of inquiry - including the possibility that the attack may be sexually motivated.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The teenager was physically threatened but he wasn't stripped of his clothes or anything like that.
“We can't rule out that it was a sexual assault at this stage.”
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 9 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
The spokeswoman said she could not disclose what threats were made to the teenager and said officers were hoping the man would come forward in order to establish a full account of what had happened.
Detectives have interviewed the teenager and are considering producing an e-fit of the attacker in a bid to trace the man.
Door-to-door inquiries have also been conducted in the area.
Sue Scott of Dewar Lane said her 16-year-old son had been assaulted in the same alleyway last year - although this was not a sexual assault.
She said: “My son was assaulted down there last year so I think it's dangerous and would like to see some CCTV there.
“He was hit in the face - we thought his nose was broken. It did shake him up.
“But he probably still does walk down there because it is the quickest way to get places.”
Police are searching for a white man in his 30s in relation to Monday's attack.
The offender is of thin build and about 6ft tall with thinning brown hair.
He also had facial hair - either moustache or a goatee beard and had bushy eyebrows. He was wearing a dark casual jacket and dark trousers.
Anyone with information should call Woodbridge CID on 01473 613500.
Did you see the attack? Write to: Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail: email@example.com.