CCTV image released as police appeal for witnesses over bid to kidnap toddler
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the attempted kidnapping of a toddler in Ipswich have released a CCTV image and are asking anyone who recognises her to come forward.
A mum got off a train at Ipswich Station on May 27 around 8.50am with her two children and was asked directions by another woman.
The woman then followed the mother and her children into the lift and onto the bridge where she reportedly grabbed one of the children - a two-year-old - by the wrist and tried to run away.
The mother was able to release her grip and the woman then left the station.
Officers from British Transport Police (BTP) believe the woman in the CCTV image may have information which could help their investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises her or has any information can contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 405040, quoting reference 15 of 27/05/18.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 3 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 4 Did you get in the groove at Harry Palmers club nights back in 2003?
- 5 Ipswich council house rent increase agreed - here's how much your bill will increase
- 6 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 7 Volunteers needed to help leading attraction prepare for future
- 8 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 9 Teenager walking round every Ipswich street to raise money for charity
- 10 Is government considering longer working week post-Brexit?