Police investigating trio of burglaries across Ipswich
Burglars targeted three homes across Ipswich yesterday.
Crooks broke into a property in Bixley Road between 9am and 2pm and after ransacking it stole jewellery and an amount of cash.
The second incident happened in Humber Doucy Lane at around 1.45pm when an offender was disturbed by the resident.
A handbag containing cash was stolen by the burglar before he fled.
The man was white, aged in his late 20s, of a small build and wearing a navy blue baseball cap and light coloured anorak.
Burglars also attempted to break into a home in Felixstowe Road at around 11.30am, but were again thwarted by the resident.
One was seen fleeing the scene and was a white man, aged in his late teens, with short brown-coloured hair, and of a slim build. He was wearing a grey hooded top.
- 1 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 6 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 9 Ukrainian family finally coming to Ipswich after eight-week visa struggle
- 10 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
Two men were seen in the area around the time and looked “very similar”, both around 5ft 6ins tall, in their early 20s, of slim build, with fair complexions, light brown-coloured hair and wearing grey clothing. One was carrying a red or orange bag.
Call the Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 with information.