Police issue e-fits of suspects
PICTURES have been issued of two bogus callers who stole cash from a pensioner while pretending to be workmen.A man knocked on the door of a 76-year-old man's property in Cavan Road, Ipswich, claiming he was from a drainage company, working on behalf of the council.
PICTURES have been issued of two bogus callers who stole cash from a pensioner while pretending to be workmen.
A man knocked on the door of a 76-year-old man's property in Cavan Road, Ipswich, claiming he was from a drainage company, working on behalf of the council.
The bogus caller said he was investigating a drainage problem at his neighbour's house and needed to check his drainage system as well.
The workman checked a manhole in the elderly man's back garden and when they returned to the house, a second man was sitting in the living room.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men distracted the pensioner by taking him upstairs and after returning downstairs both men then left.
The pensioner later discovered a quantity of cash had been stolen from his house.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
The incident happened at about 5.10pm on Monday December 2.
The first man is described as white, about 5ft 11ins, of stocky build with dark brown curly hair. He wore a black duffel coat and dark trousers.
The second man is white, approximately 5ft 5ins, about 30-years-old and of stocky build. He had short-cropped dark brown hair and also wore a duffel coat and dark trousers.
Anyone with information relating to this incident should call Dc Lloyd Stewart at Ipswich CID on 01473 383092 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.