Police issue e-fits of suspects
PICTURES have been issued of two bogus callers who stole cash from a pensioner while pretending to be workmen.A man knocked on the door of a 76-year-old man's property in Cavan Road, Ipswich, claiming he was from a drainage company, working on behalf of the council.
PICTURES have been issued of two bogus callers who stole cash from a pensioner while pretending to be workmen.
A man knocked on the door of a 76-year-old man's property in Cavan Road, Ipswich, claiming he was from a drainage company, working on behalf of the council.
The bogus caller said he was investigating a drainage problem at his neighbour's house and needed to check his drainage system as well.
The workman checked a manhole in the elderly man's back garden and when they returned to the house, a second man was sitting in the living room.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men distracted the pensioner by taking him upstairs and after returning downstairs both men then left.
The pensioner later discovered a quantity of cash had been stolen from his house.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
The incident happened at about 5.10pm on Monday December 2.
The first man is described as white, about 5ft 11ins, of stocky build with dark brown curly hair. He wore a black duffel coat and dark trousers.
The second man is white, approximately 5ft 5ins, about 30-years-old and of stocky build. He had short-cropped dark brown hair and also wore a duffel coat and dark trousers.
Anyone with information relating to this incident should call Dc Lloyd Stewart at Ipswich CID on 01473 383092 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.