Police issue efit of pensioner robber
POLICE have issued an e-fit of a bogus caller who stole money from an 81-year-old man.The victim, of Gipping Way, Sproughton, answered his front door between 12 noon and 12.
POLICE have issued an e-fit of a bogus caller who stole money from an 81-year-old man.
The victim, of Gipping Way, Sproughton, answered his front door between 12 noon and 12.30pm last Monday to a man offering to do repair work.
He was joined by a second man and they went into the house to give an estimate.
But after agreeing to do carry out the repairs, both men left without doing any work. The elderly victim later discovered money was missing from the house.
The man shown in the e-fit is described as white, about 27-years-old and 5ft 8in to 5ft 9in tall.
He had a slim build, short black hair and noticeable scar in the left hand corner of his mouth. He was wearing dark blue dungarees and black boots.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 Company requests £1.8m loan to finish Broomhill Lido project
The second man was also white. He was about the same age, but about an inch taller than his accomplice. He had a large build and wore a black donkey jacket, navy denim trousers and a woollen hat.
It is believed a light coloured Vauxhall car was seen in the area around the time of the incident. Police would like to hear from the car's owner to eliminate them from the investigation.
Anyone with any information should contact Detective Constable John Peddelty at Hadleigh Police Station on 01473 383442, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.