Police launch competition
POLICE in the West Babergh Safer Neighbourhood Team have launched a competition for schoolchildren to design a logo.A letter has been sent to nine primary schools in the area inviting children aged five to ten years old to create a logo for the team's website.
POLICE in the West Babergh Safer Neighbourhood Team have launched a competition for schoolchildren to design a logo.
A letter has been sent to nine primary schools in the area inviting children aged five to ten years old to create a logo for the team's website.
They have to submit their entries to Sudbury Police station by Wednesday, October 31, and the winner will have their design featured on the website, will be presented with a certificate and will have a tour of Sudbury police station.
Sgt Elizabeth Ireland, of the West Babergh Safer Neighbourhood, said: “This is a fun way of informing children about the introduction of Safer Neighbourhood teams-what we are and what we do to get them involved.
“I am looking forward to receiving the entries but am not looking forward to the difficult task of having a chose a winner.”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail