Police launch hunt for armed robber
POLICE were today investigating a report of an armed robbery at an Ipswich pub.Officers were called at about 8am after the landlord of the Man on the Moon public house in Palmcroft Road reported being held at gunpoint by a man demanding cash.
POLICE were today investigating a report of an armed robbery at an Ipswich pub.
Officers were called at about 8am after the landlord of the Man on the Moon public house in Palmcroft Road reported being held at gunpoint by a man demanding cash.
The landlord told officers he was taking rubbish bins out at about 7am when he was approached by a man wearing a motorcycle helmet.
The man, who was holding what appeared to be a handgun, followed him back into the pub and demanded he empty the safe.
After the landlord opened the safe he was locked in an office in the pub and the helmeted gunman escaped with a quantity of cash in a red bag.
The landlord told officers he remained locked in the office for an hour until another member of staff arrived.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
The robber is described as between 5ft 8in and 5ft 9in tall. He was wearing a red crash helmet with a zig zag pattern and a dark visor, a black leather jacket with red elbow and shoulder pads, blue jeans, white trainers and black motor cycle gloves.
Anyone who was in the area at the time and who saw a man matching the description are asked to call Detective Sergeant Ewan MacGregor at Ipswich CID on 01473 383132 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.