Police link abandoned car to armed raid
POLICE are today appealing for information about a car found abandoned near the scene of an Ipswich armed robbery.A red VW Golf, registration D308 XFG, was found abandoned in Serpentine Road on Friday, shortly after a robbery on a Securicor van outside the Nacton Road branch of Lloyds TSB.
POLICE are today appealing for information about a car found abandoned near the scene of an Ipswich armed robbery.
A red VW Golf, registration D308 XFG, was found abandoned in Serpentine Road on Friday, shortly after a robbery on a Securicor van outside the Nacton Road branch of Lloyds TSB.
The vehicle is currently undergoing forensic examination.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who saw the vehicle in the days leading up to the robbery or anyone who saw it abandoned.
You may also want to watch:
The robbery was almost a direct replica of an attack on a Securicor van 12 weeks earlier.
In Friday's incident, at about 9.30am, a courier was struck with the butt of the gun and sustained an injury to the eye.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
Two men feld the scene with an undisclosed sum of cash.
Anyone with information should contact Sergeant Paul Crick at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.