Man arrested after Co-op robbery in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a robbery at a convenience store in Ipswich.
The incident happened around 10.50pm on Thursday at the East of England Co-op in Woodbridge Road when a man threatened staff with a knife and told them to open the till.
He then left the shop on foot, taking a quantity of cash with him.
Members of staff were not injured during the incident.
Officers arrested a 23-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of robbery, and he has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact South CID at Landmark House at Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference 23353/19.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
Information can also be reported online via an online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org