Police make arrest after stabbing outside Best Kebab Centre in Dogs Head Street, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 49-year-old man from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender after a stabbing in the town centre earlier this month.
A man in his 20s was taken to hospital after he was stabbed in the neck at 3.30am on Friday, April 7 in Dogs Head Street, on the pavement outside the Best Kebab Centre.
Suffolk Constabulary said today that the man “remains in a stable and improving condition in hospital”.
Police also said a 49-year-old man from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. He was arrested on April 8 and taken into custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he was interviewed.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “He has now been released under investigation as police continue enquiries to locate a named suspect in connection with the incident.”
Police have already confirmed the stabbing is being treated as an isolated incident.
Witnesses or anyone with any information about the incident are urged to call police on 101, quoting crime number 27492/17.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days