Police name Broads tragedy woman
NORFOLK police today named the woman who died in a freak boating accident on the Norfolk Broads as Rachel Fry.The 42-year-old mother-of-three, from Sunbury-on-Thames, drowned after the boat she and her family were travelling in capsized and she got trapped underneath it.
NORFOLK police today named the woman who died in a freak boating accident on the Norfolk Broads as Rachel Fry.
The 42-year-old mother-of-three, from Sunbury-on-Thames, drowned after the boat she and her family were travelling in capsized and she got trapped underneath it.
The accident happened near Horning Hall on the River Bure shortly after 6pm on Saturday.
Her brother-in-law Andrew Fry, speaking from his home in Sunbury-on-Thames, said the family's strong religious beliefs were helping them cope with their grief.
You may also want to watch:
"We trust in the Lord fully. We feel the Lord has acted," he said.
"I am fully 100 per cent restful in the fact the Lord has done this.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 3 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
Mr Fry, who was not on the boat when tragedy struck, added: "It is a time of deep, deep, deep sorrow."
Mrs Fry's sister, a 49-year-old woman from Suffolk who has not yet been named, also became trapped after she swam to help her sister in the upturned hull.
After about an hour, a hole was cut in the boat's hull by rescuers and both women were airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital while their families, including their six children, looked on.
The elder sister was released after being treated for hypothermia and shock, but Mrs Fry died at the hospital.