Police name road crash victim
POLICE have today named the man who died when the car he was travelling in smashed in to a tree in Suffolk.Westley Moore, 24, was a passenger in the Fiat Tipo when it crashed at just after 9.
POLICE have today named the man who died when the car he was travelling in smashed in to a tree in Suffolk.
Westley Moore, 24, was a passenger in the Fiat Tipo when it crashed at just after 9.30pm on the A114 yesterday.
Mr Moore, of Linstead, near Halesworth, was declared dead at the scene of the accident at Spexhall, near Halesworth, bringing the total number of deaths on Suffolk's roads so far this year to 16.
Police are still trying to unravel exactly what happened at the time of the crash.
The 23-year-old male driver of the car, a Fiat Tipo, was also injured accident he was taken to Ipswich hospital, suffering from chest injuries.
Firecrews from Halesworth, Bungay and Lowestoft worked to free one person trapped in the wreckage.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 35 more of Suffolk’s oldest surnames – is yours on the list?
- 8 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
Paramedics attempted to treat a third casualty but the person ran off.
No other vehicle was involved in the accident.
A police spokeswoman said that the car was travelling on the Stone Street stretch of the A144 in the direction of Halesworth when "for an unknown reason" it crossed into the offside of the road and collided with a tree.