Police name woman found by burning car
A WOMAN found dead beside a burning car in Bentley has today been named by police.The body of Jane Way, 69, of Manningtree Road in Stutton, was found about five feet away from a vehicle, which was on fire, in a bridle way just off the A12 near Bentley Road on Sunday evening.
A WOMAN found dead beside a burning car in Bentley has today been named by police.
The body of Jane Way, 69, of Manningtree Road in Stutton, was found about five feet away from a vehicle, which was on fire, in a bridle way just off the A12 near Bentley Road on Sunday evening.
A post mortem carried out by a Home Office pathologist proved inconclusive and further tests will now be carried out to establish a cause of death. Police are treating the death as unexplained at this time and it has been referred to the coroner.
A cordon remains in place around the scene of the fire while further inquiries are carried out.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are also carrying out inquiries in Stutton and are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen Jane Way in the village in the days leading up to her death.
Anyone with any information in relation to this incident should contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast