Police probe attempted robbery on cabbie
INVESTIGATIONS have begun today into the attempted robbery of an Ipswich taxi driver.At about 2.35am a taxi picked up two men from Tacket Street who asked to be taken to Norwich Road.
By Jo Macdonald
INVESTIGATIONS have begun today into the attempted robbery of an Ipswich taxi driver.
At about 2.35am a taxi picked up two men from Tacket Street who asked to be taken to Norwich Road.
The car stopped close to the YMCA and the men got out. Meanwhile the driver waited with his window open to be paid his fare.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men then opened the driver's door and demanded money while threatening him with an object.
The driver managed to drive away and saw the offenders run along Norwich Road back toward town.
- 1 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 2 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 3 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 4 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 5 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 6 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 'I couldn't stop smiling': Kesgrave Kitchen named best Ipswich café
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
One of the men is described as white, 25 to 30-years-old, 5ft 7ins, with dark medium length hair and was wearing a black sweatshirt and black jeans.
The other is white, 20 to 25-years-old with dark medium length hair and was wearing a white shirt with a leather style jacket and dark jeans.
Both men spoke with foreign accents.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Dc Ewan MacGreggor at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.