Police probe attempted robbery on cabbie
INVESTIGATIONS have begun today into the attempted robbery of an Ipswich taxi driver.At about 2.35am a taxi picked up two men from Tacket Street who asked to be taken to Norwich Road.
By Jo Macdonald
INVESTIGATIONS have begun today into the attempted robbery of an Ipswich taxi driver.
At about 2.35am a taxi picked up two men from Tacket Street who asked to be taken to Norwich Road.
The car stopped close to the YMCA and the men got out. Meanwhile the driver waited with his window open to be paid his fare.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men then opened the driver's door and demanded money while threatening him with an object.
The driver managed to drive away and saw the offenders run along Norwich Road back toward town.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 5 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 6 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 9 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
One of the men is described as white, 25 to 30-years-old, 5ft 7ins, with dark medium length hair and was wearing a black sweatshirt and black jeans.
The other is white, 20 to 25-years-old with dark medium length hair and was wearing a white shirt with a leather style jacket and dark jeans.
Both men spoke with foreign accents.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Dc Ewan MacGreggor at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.