Police probe three deaths
A MURDER hunt has been launched after a woman was found stabbed to death and the bodies of a man and boy were found in a river.Another child, believed to be aged around 11, was found safe and well in the £250,000 detached house where the woman was discovered, in a village on the outskirts of Ipswich.
A MURDER hunt has been launched after a woman was found stabbed to death and the bodies of a man and boy were found in a river.
Another child, believed to be aged around 11, was found safe and well in the £250,000 detached house where the woman was discovered, in a village on the outskirts of Ipswich.
Dr Jaya Prakash Chitiwho works as a locum GP at Ipswich Hospital was due todayto become a senior house officer in the Heath Road accident and emergency department.
The woman Ana Pivindash Demerrais a consultant in radiology at Ipswich, and a breast cancer specialist. Both qualified in India before coming to Britain.
You may also want to watch:
One line of inquiry may be the woman and child, aged around two, were victims of a deadly domestic row.
One theory detectives will investigate is that they are from the same family and after the husband killed his wife, he took his own life by jumping from the high level bridge over the River Orwell in Ipswich - taking his son to his death.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
The tragic sequence of events unfolded when police were alerted at 3.45am yesterdaywhen they received a call reporting an abandoned vehicle on the bridge.
Police and coastguards searched of the area around the bridge and the river and found the bodies of a young boy and a man.
Officers then went to the address of the registered owner of the abandoned vehicle and discovered the body of a woman who had received fatal stab wounds.
"A boy was found alive in the house and is currently being cared for by friends of the family," the police spokeswoman said
Post mortem examination results are due today.