Police quiz Suffolk murder suspect
DETECTIVES are continuing to quiz a murder suspect after a body was found on farmland near Framlingham.
DETECTIVES are continuing to quiz a murder suspect after a body was found on farmland near Framlingham
Police have named the body discovered as that of Jurijs Baklasovs, a 43-year-old Latvian national staying in Ipswich.
A 36-year-old Ipswich man, who is also believed to be a Latvian national, was arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of murder late on Tuesday night. Tonight, detectives were given a six-hour custody extension - until 4.45am on Thursday - to question him further.
Although detectives declined to say where the men lived, it is believed both the suspect and victim had been staying at the same house.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have been conducting searches of the farmland where Mr Baklasovs' body was found.
It is also possible that Mr Baklasovs may have not been seen for two days prior to his corpse being found.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
A Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman yesterday declined to confirm or deny local reports that Mr Baklasovs was found with a bag over his head bound by tape.
Officers from the force's major investigation team also sealed off a property in the Cemetery Road area of Ipswich as part of the murder inquiry.
The house was searched during the course of the day.
Mr Baklasovs' body was found by a female walker just off the B1120 at New Road, not far from Brabling Green, around 12.45pm on Tuesday.
A post mortem examination has revealed Mr Baklasovs died as a result of a serious assault.
Detectives have issued an appeal for help with the inquiry as they try to ascertain how Mr Baklasovs got to the area north of Framlingham from Ipswich.