Police release CCTV image after card is stolen and used to withdraw cash in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a woman they want to speak to following the theft of a bank card which was later used to withdraw cash at various ATMs in Ipswich
It is thought the victim’s card was stolen from a property in Woodbridge Road in Ipswich on the morning of Friday June 3.
She then received a call on her mobile phone from a man with a heavy accent claiming he worked at the bank, saying there had been unusual activity on her account and that she needed to verify her PIN number.
The victim told the man her details and the card was later used to withdraw cash between 11am and 12.15pm.
The woman seen in the CCTV images the police would like to speak to is described as white, aged between 40 and 50, and around 5ft 4in tall.
She is of slim build, with long, straight black hair and was wearing jeans with a black and grey blanket jacket.
Anyone who recognises this woman or has any information in connection with the incident is asked to call the Incident and Crime Management Hub on 101 quoting reference 37126/16.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.