Police release CCTV images of man who could help investigation into fatal bungalow fire in Fuchsia Lane, Ipswich
Police investigating a fatal bungalow fire in Ipswich have released CCTV images of a man they believe could help them.
A man in his 80s died in hospital after being rescued from the blaze in Fuchsia Lane at around 1.15am on March 30.
His heart was restarted by firefighters and paramedics after suffering a cardiac arrest but died at Ipswich Hospital later that morning.
Another man found in the property, aged in his 60s, also suffered serious injuries in the blaze. But he has since been released from Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
Police are still investigating the fire, which remains unexplained. The cause is not yet known.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Police are now releasing CCTV images of a man who was seen in the area in the early hours.
“While the CCTV is not particularly clear, it is hoped someone may know who the individual is, or they may recognise themselves.
“Police believe he may have information that can assist the enquiry and are asking him, or anyone who knows who he is to come forward.”
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 6 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 10 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
To help, call police 101.