Police release e-fit of break-in suspect
THIS is the face of the man police are hunting in connection with a terrifying break in at an Ipswich pensioner's home.The incident happened at Davey Close in Ipswich on Sunday November 19 when a 61-year-old lady entered her bedroom to see a man leaning through her window.
THIS is the face of the man police are hunting in connection with a terrifying break in at an Ipswich pensioner's home.
The incident happened at Davey Close in Ipswich at around 1.30am on Sunday November 19 when a 61-year-old lady entered her bedroom to see a man leaning through her window.
On seeing the woman, the intruder fled the scene on foot towards Landseer Road.
Detectives believe the same man is responsible for a further shocking incident in which a 97-year-old woman woke up to find her bed being lifted by two burglars.
You may also want to watch:
That break-in happened in Raeburn Road, in the Greenwich area of town, less than an hour after the Davey Close break-in.
The 97-year-old victim was left “extremely shaken” and was unable to give a description.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
However the Davey Close pensioner was able to help police produce the e-fit photo.
The suspect male is described as white, possibly foreign, with a slim gaunt face and pointed nose and was wearing a grey jacket with the hood up.
Police have not ruled out a link between the Raeburn Road and Davey Close incidents and a break-in at a home in Kesgrave last Thursday.
On that occasion a pensioner was pushed to the ground by two balaclava clad men he found in his kitchen.
The man's ordeal happened in Laurel Avenue at around 6.25pm after he heard noises in his kitchen.
He went to investigate and saw two men, one of whom pushed him to the floor.
Anyone recognising the man in the e-fit or his description is asked to contact Pc Jo Williams at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.