Police release E-fit of man who pushed over woman in 90s and burgled her Suffolk home
- Credit: Archant
A burglar assaulted a woman in her 90s before stealing three handbags from her home in Felixstowe.
Around 4.30pm on Monday, August 29 the victim returned to her home in the Grange Farm Avenue area of the town after being in the back garden of the property, when she became aware of a man behind her.
The man pushed her over before stealing three handbags from the premises. One of them was black, made of plastic material with a patchwork effect, one was a black leather bag, and the third was a burgundy/maroon colour. Bank cards were among the items inside.
The woman sustained bruising and was left very shaken by the attack, a police spokeswoman said.
Police need to trace the suspect, who is described as a tanned white man, with a wide mouth and thin lips, of stocky build, possibly only around 5ft 3ins to 5ft 4ins tall, with short dark hair and wearing dark clothing.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary has released an E-fit of the culprit.
Officers are asking anyone who may have been in the area around this time or anyone who may recognise the man in the E-fit to come forward.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
If you can help contact police on 101, quoting crime number 52483/16. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.