Police release E-fit of man who pushed over woman in 90s and burgled her Suffolk home
- Credit: Archant
A burglar assaulted a woman in her 90s before stealing three handbags from her home in Felixstowe.
Around 4.30pm on Monday, August 29 the victim returned to her home in the Grange Farm Avenue area of the town after being in the back garden of the property, when she became aware of a man behind her.
The man pushed her over before stealing three handbags from the premises. One of them was black, made of plastic material with a patchwork effect, one was a black leather bag, and the third was a burgundy/maroon colour. Bank cards were among the items inside.
The woman sustained bruising and was left very shaken by the attack, a police spokeswoman said.
Police need to trace the suspect, who is described as a tanned white man, with a wide mouth and thin lips, of stocky build, possibly only around 5ft 3ins to 5ft 4ins tall, with short dark hair and wearing dark clothing.
Suffolk Constabulary has released an E-fit of the culprit.
Officers are asking anyone who may have been in the area around this time or anyone who may recognise the man in the E-fit to come forward.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 5 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 6 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 9 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 10 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
If you can help contact police on 101, quoting crime number 52483/16. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.