Police release efit as they look for man in his 20s after woman was assaulted
- Credit: Archant
An Efit image has been released by police after a woman was assaulted in Ipswich
It happened on a footpath in woodland off Quilter Drive between 3pm and 3.15pm on August 26.
The woman, in her early 20s, was running in the area when she became aware of someone behind her and turned to see a man next to her.
He struck her, knocking her to the ground, but she managed to get up and ran from the scene.
The man is described as white, in his 20s, around 5ft 10ins tall, of medium build, with short dark hair, and wearing a baby blue T-shirt, jeans and dark coloured trainers. He was carrying a dark anorak-type jacket over his arm.
You may also want to watch:
Police are asking anyone who may recognise him, or anyone who may have seen him in the area around this time yesterday, to come forward.
Officers are particularly keen to trace an older couple, who appeared to be walking their dog, who the young woman saw in the vicinity earlier in her run.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
Anyone with information that may help is asked to contact Ipswich CID, by dialling Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number HD/15/1410, or alternatively you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.